AST-1 Sled Specific, Cariboo Region, Feb 6 2022
14 hours Total:
- 3 hour self study
- 3.5 hour interactive webinar Jan TBA
- 8 hour 1 field day at Yanks Snowmobile Area
- You will gain knowledge, and skills to help you stay out of harm’s way using the planning technology available via Avalanche Canada and other resources.
- You will learn to look critically at the winter landscape, judging the terrain and snowpack, detecting danger zones and safe routes.
- You will become fast and accurate rescuers. Honing your skills with avalanche transceiver, probe, and shovel. Getting you prepared for any situation.
- Note: Be prepared for physically challenging afternoons: you will be required to walk in the snow and dig to become proficient with avalanche equipment and rescue scenarios.
Self Study Prior to Feb 6 2022 (Mandatory)
Approx. 3 hours, it can be broken into several sessions or done all at once. Use the links include
Zoom Webinar – Date: TBA , 2022 (Mandatory)
6pm to 9:30 pm
A Zoom meeting code will be provided.
Zoom webinar requires: computer or other large screen and an internet connection, (web camera optional) Note: using a cell phone is suboptimal due to it small screen size.
Field Day: Feb 6 2022, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Yanks Peak, meeting at the snowmobile parking lot
Field Day Requirements: Sled in good working order, Backpack, Probe, Shovel, Avalanche Transceiver, Lunch, Beverages & Snacks
Please complete the online waiver before the field day!
Bookings are no longer available for this event.