Frequently Asked Questions…
- Layers for outdoor winter travel. Ideally a base layer, a warmer layer with a zipper, and a weather proof jacket without a lot of fill.
- Bring a second fleece to put in a backpack.
- Lunch in a firm container, or thermos.
- Beverages in shatter proof container.
- Firm snacks, like granola bars, nuts, dried fruit, jerky.
- Bananas, yogurt not recommended.
BackCountry Safety Training provides:
- Avalanche transceivers
Participants will need to provide:
- 1 set of waterproof winter gloves (2 sets if not fully waterproof)
- Toque/Balaclava/Neck Warmer
- Winter Jacket
- Winter Pants
- Goggles and Helmet optional
- Available upon request
The training locations are across the province, and are set according to the needs of the participants.
All self-supplied motorized equipment is required to be in excellent working condition, and have it’s safety manual. Avalanche gear must be in good working order, with fresh batteries.
Out and about doing what we do!