Frequently Asked Questions…
- Layers for outdoor winter travel. Ideally a base layer, a warmer layer with a zipper, and a weather proof jacket without a lot of fill.
- Bring a second fleece to put in a backpack.
- Lunch in a firm container, or thermos.
- Beverages in shatter proof container.
- Firm snacks, like granola bars, nuts, dried fruit, jerky.
- Bananas, yogurt not recommended.
BackCountry Safety Training provides:
- Avalanche transceivers
Participants will need to provide:
- 1 set of waterproof winter gloves (2 sets if not fully waterproof)
- Toque/Balaclava/Neck Warmer
- Winter Jacket
- Winter Pants
- Goggles and Helmet optional
- Available upon request
The training locations are across the province, and are set according to the needs of the participants.
All self-supplied motorized equipment is required to be in excellent working condition, and have it’s safety manual. Avalanche gear must be in good working order, with fresh batteries.