Recreational Safe Snowmobile Operator (RSSO) Course
We will teach you the skills you need to safely navigate the backcountry, if you are new to snowmobiling this course will teach you the fundamentals of snowmobiling allowing you to progress quickly into a mountain sledder.
Instructors are certified by the BC Snowmobile Federation to get you riding safely. With a small class size (4-8 riders) it’s an excellent learning environment. So hop on your snowmobile (or rent one) and join us for a fun and informative day.
Safe operation of a snowmobile (how to safely get the most out of the machine, with the minimum amount of risk and effort).
- Safety Gear
- Rider Skills
- Terrain assessment
- Trail repairs, safe towing
- Basic snowmobile mechanical operation and maintenance
- Safe loading practices
- Unstuck Maneuvers
- 2 day course
- Hands-on training
- rental snowmobile and avalanche safety gear available
- CSC Certification
The Safe Snowmobile Operator Certification course will consist of one day.
- Snowmobile Familiarization approx. 9 am to 1 pm
- Familiarization with snowmobile, controls and safety equipment
- Pre ride inspection
- Trouble shooting and repairs (includes belt, spark plug change and fluid levels)
- Introduction to safe riding practices, riding positions and techniques
- Basic terrain assessment (Recognizing dangers and avoiding them)
- Start, warm-up, and stopping snowmobile, including emergency shutdown
- Starting out moving forward and backward
- Braking and emergency braking
- Turns and figure eights
- U turns
- Riding up, over and down hills
- How to efficiently and effectively get a snowmobile unstuck
- Safe loading and unloading practices
- Safe transport and securing of snowmobiles
- Debrief with students
Snowmobile, Avalanche gear, Snow apparel required. Rental equipment available.
Students responsible for lunch/snacks/beverages.