Accelerated Industrial Safe Snowmobile Operator (ISSOT) Course
This accelerated course is suitable for participants who have significant ATV UTV snowmobile or other off road operator experience knowledge and training. This is a fast paced, information filled, program, not recommended for beginners.
Instructors are certified by the BC Snowmobile Federation to get you riding safely. With a small class size (4-8 riders) it’s an excellent learning environment. So hop on your snowmobile (or rent one) and join us for a fun and informative day.
Safe operation of a snowmobile (how to safely get the most out of the machine, with the minimum amount of risk and effort).
- Safety Gear
- Rider Skills
- Terrain assessment
- Trail repairs, safe towing
- Basic snowmobile mechanical operation and maintenance
- Safe loading practices
- Unstuck Maneuvers
- 1 day course
- Hands-on training
- Experienced Snowmobile Operator only
- rental snowmobile and avalanche safety gear available
The Safe Snowmobile Operator Certification course will consist of one 8 hour day.
- Snowmobile Familiarization approx. 9 am to 4:30 pm
- Training package handouts/paperwork
- Recommended snowmobile/avalanche gear
- Local snowmobile laws and regulations (BC)
- Preventing the most common injures
- Trail signals and safe trail techniques
- Familiarization with snowmobile, controls and safety equipment
- Pre ride inspection
- Trouble shooting and repairs (includes belt, spark plug change and fluid levels)
- Introduction to safe riding practices, riding positions and techniques
- Basic terrain assessment (Recognizing dangers and avoiding them)
- Start, warm-up, and stopping snowmobile, including emergency shutdown
- Starting out moving forward and backward
- Braking and emergency braking
- Turns and figure eights
- U turns
- Riding up, over and down hills
- How to efficiently and effectively get a snowmobile unstuck
- Safe loading and unloading practices
- Safe transport and securing of snowmobiles
- Debrief with students
Snowmobile, Avalanche gear, Snow apparel required. Rental equipment available.
Students responsible for lunch/snacks/beverages.
The bottom line is, that a snowbike culture of safety has to come from learning from others motorized sports past mistakes.