Snowtracked ATV/UTV Safe Operator Course
We will teach you the skills you need to safely navigate the wintery backcountry. The snowtracked ATV Rider’s course is an approximately 7.5 hours long, consisting of extensive hands on training. The program is provided by CSC and BCSF certified instructors to get you riding with confidence and ease. Our specialized training for snowtracked ATV/UTV, combined with extensive knowledge, enthusiasm, and small class sizes (4-8 riders) provide an excellent learning environment and is perfect for industrial or recreational users. So hop on your snowtracked ATV/UTV and join us for a fun and informative day.
This one day program is designed to train the ATV/UTV operator in the safe and efficient use of snowtracked all terrain vehicle. It is comprised of practical training, with the greatest emphasis on operational skills.
- Pre-ride inspections
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safe snowtracked ATV/UTV riding practices and strategies
- Emergency and avoidance techniques
- Minor on-trail repairs
- ATV/UTV not included
- Certification or Recertification
- Hands-on training
- 1 day course
- CSC Certification
The Safe Snowtracked ATV/UTV Operator Certification or Recertification course will consist of 1 day and is perfect for industrial or recreational users
Time: 08:30 – 16:30
Focus: Theory and Practical Training
- Introduction to Snowtracked ATV/UTV training
- Pre-drive inspection
- Range signals, rules and warm up exercises
- Starting out and stopping
- Driving strategies
- Driving circles and figure 8
- Quick turns
- Quick stops in a straight line
- Emergency stops and avoidance
- Driving over obstacles
- Hauling cargo
- Safe driving practices and environmental awareness
- Focus: Skills Practice – trail drive
- Loading and transporting
- Wrap up and review
Students are responsible for lunch and refreshments, warm clothing and snow/personal protective gear and ATV/UTV in good mechanical order.
Knowledge, planning and good decisions making are key.