AST-1 Sled Specific, Vancouver Island Jan 4 and Jan 8 2022
$315 includes GST
14 hours Total:
- 3 hour self study
- 3.5 hour interactive webinar Jan 4 2022
- 8 hour 1 field day at Mount Washington, Courtenay BC Jan 8 2022
- You will gain knowledge, and skills to help you stay out of harm’s way using the planning technology available via Avalanche Canada and other resources.
- You will learn to look critically at the winter landscape, judging the terrain and snowpack, detecting danger zones and safe routes.
- You will become fast and accurate rescuers. Honing your skills with avalanche transceiver, probe, and shovel. Getting you prepared for any situation.
- Note: Be prepared for physically challenging afternoons: you will be required to walk in the snow and dig to become proficient with avalanche equipment and rescue scenarios.
Self Study Dec 28 to Jan 3 2022 (Mandatory)
Approx. 3 hours, it can be broken into several sessions or done all at once. Use the links
Zoom Class – discussion Jan 4, 2022 (Mandatory)
- 6pm to 9:30 pm
- once you sign up you will be given a zoom meeting code
- Zoom Meeting Requirements: computer or other large screen and an internet connection, (web camera optional) Note: using a cell phone is suboptimal due to it small screen size.