Mount Washington, Avalanche Skills Training
MISB Deal (AST1) $250 regularly $350
- 14 hours including: 3 hour self study, 3.5 hour interactive webinar and 8 hour 1 field day at Mount Washington, Courtenay BC
- You will gain knowledge, and skills to help you stay out of harm’s way using the planning technology available via Avalanche Canada and other resources.
- You will learn to look critically at the winter landscape, judging the terrain and snowpack, detecting danger zones and safe routes.
- You will become fast and accurate rescuers. Honing your skills with avalanche transceiver, probe, and shovel. Getting you prepared for any situation.
- Note: Be prepared for physically challenging afternoons: you will be required to walk in the snow and dig to become proficient with avalanche equipment and rescue scenarios.
Field Day Requirements:
- Sled in good working order
- Avalanche Gear: Backpack, Probe, Shovel, Avalanche Transceiver
- Lunch, Beverages & Snacks
Home Pre-Course Study (Mandatory) Feb 2 and or 3 2021 online
Approx. 3 hours, it can be broken into 2 sessions or done all at once.
Zoom Class – discussion Feb 4, 2021
- 6pm to 9:30 pm
- once you sign up you will be given a zoom meeting code
Field Day: Feb 7 2021
Mount Washington, Snowmobile Staging Area
9am to 4pm approx.