ATV/UTV Safe Operator Industrial or Recreational
The ATV/UTV certification course is an 7.5 hour training program operated by CSC certified instructors and provides ATV/UTV certification or re-certification with the Canadian Safety Council. The Industrial Safe ATV/UTV operator program places emphasis on safety in a work place environment in compliance with worksafe BC. The recreational course, emphasizes back country tips, that will get you riding with confidence and ease. In addition to standard ATV/UTV operation, we also offer specialized training for snowtracked ATV/UTVs. With a small class size (4-8 riders) it’s an excellent learning environment. We will teach you the skills you need to safely navigate the back country. So hop on your ATV/UTV and join us for a fun and informative day.
This one-day program is designed to train the operator in the safe and efficient use of an all terrain vehicle. It is comprised of practical training, with the greatest emphasis on operational skills.
- Pre-ride inspections
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safe riding practices and strategies
- Emergency and avoidance techniques
Minor on-trail repairs
The Safe Snowtracked ATV/UTV Operator Certification or Recertification course will consist of 1 day and is perfect for industrial or recreational users
Time: 08:30 – 16:30
Focus: Theory and Practical Training
- Introduction to Snowtracked ATV/UTV training
- Pre-drive inspection
- Range signals, rules and warm up exercises
- Starting out and stopping
- Driving strategies
- Driving circles and figure 8
- Quick turns
- Quick stops in a straight line
- Emergency stops and avoidance
- Driving over obstacles
- Hauling cargo
- Safe driving practices and environmental awareness
- Focus: Skills Practice – trail drive
- Loading and transporting
- Wrap up and review
Students are responsible for lunch and refreshments, warm clothing and snow/personal protective gear and ATV/UTV in good mechanical order.
Knowledge, planning and good decisions making are key.